The Life and Times of an Eccentric Yorkshireman by John A. Leaver (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.51Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey reckon you have to be a famous celebrity, climbed Mount Everest or lived through a war to write an autobiography. Well I haven't done any of those but I have written a musical, and had it performed on stage, appeared on TV and in national newspapers for various little escapades, and tried to live life to the full. People who kw me call me eccentric or a touch bizarre and I have been described as off the wall . I have been called worse behind my back doubt, but for better or worse the contents of this book are a bit of a record of what I've been getting up to in the past sixty odd years or so.
- Author BiographyI was born in 1948 to Stella and Larry Leaver who owned a small general store in a little village called Oxenhope. They had aspirations to own a farm, and when I was four we duly moved to a rather run down thirty acre farm at Steeton, where I became a farmers lad. The country life gave me a love for all animals, although we did eat a few and sold some for other people to eat. School was a complete mystery to me and I didn't as you say flourish. A typical comment on my report was tries hard but could do better. So since then I've tried hard to do better but I have always been the proverbial jack of all trades master of none. I have had a get stuck in and do it rather sitting about thinking about it philosophy all my life which has some times led to problems. I have done quite a few jobs in my time but work always seemed to get in the way of my grandiose ideas. Some of my achievements I am proud of are, my photography, writing a musical which was preformed on stage, renovating my parents farm house to live in and now writing a book. Throughout my life I have tried not to look back and say I wish I had done this or that. Writing this book of my life, I feel I have few regrets, although I may have left out some of my less inspiring moments. There have been however quite a few sticky situations that I've left in that I can laugh about now, and hopefully you will find entertaining. I read a lot, from scientific books to science fiction, thriller to spiritual, with a bit of fantasy and comedy now and then. At sixty five with my book finished its time for a few more projects, so keep a lookout for another book eventually.
- Author(s)John A. Leaver
- Publisher2QT Limited (Publishing)
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCarnforth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprint2QT Limited (Publishing)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.