All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWill I ever be able to write something great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? I hope so, oh, I hope so very much, because writing allows me to record everything, all my thoughts, ideals and fantasies.' This is what Anne Frank confided in her diary on 5 April 1944. Her wish did come true, but she herself was never to kw that. Anne died in March 1945 in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. She was fifteen years old. This book tells the story of her life and shows it in the context of world events and World War Two. It answers the many questions that people ask. Where did Anne Frank come from? Why did she have to go into hiding? What did she write in her diary? How was she betrayed? What happened to her after she was arrested? How did her diary survive? It is illustrated with dozens of photographs of Anne, her family and friends.
- Author BiographyThe Anne Frank House, opened to the public in 1960, serves as a present-day reminder of the war, the plight of its Jewish inhabitants, Anne Frank's indomitable spirit and the celebrated diary she wrote during the time she spent in hiding in its Secret Annexe.
- Author(s)Anne Frank House
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight390 g
- Width164 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.02
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.