All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBenjamin Franklin (1706-90) is best kwn as an American revolutionary politician, but he also excelled as a printer, journalist and natural philosopher despite having little formal education. As a statesman, he was the only person to sign all three major documents of American statehood: the Declaration of Independence, the peace treaty with Britain, and the United States constitution. This three-volume set, first published in 1874, was compiled from Franklin's autobiography (covering the period up to 1857) and autobiographical passages from correspondence and other writings. Using Franklin's own words, it tells his remarkable story, which is integral to the political history of America. Franklin's account of self-discipline and motivation remains one of the most popular autobiographies of all time. Volume 1 of Franklin's Life contains his original autobiography, and also describes his experiments with lightning conductors, his opposition to the Stamp Act, and his examination before the House of Commons.
- Author(s)Benjamin Franklin
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - North American History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight740 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJohn Bigelow
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.