All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat a story! Fr. Pierre De Smet is mentioned in U.S. history books almost as a footte, but there was in mid-19th century America single person the American Indians trusted as they did this Jesuit Priest. He was more powerful than an army at a huge treaty conference of U.S. officials and the Western Indian nations near Laramie in 1851, and he was the chief negotiator at ather, with the Sioux, in 1868.
- Author BiographyFather Eugene Laveille, S.J., was born in 1871 at Val-Saint-Pere, France. He entered the Society of Jesus at the age of twenty, and was ordained a priest in 1904. His lifestyle was regulated by a profound piety and spirit of duty, which led him to strive for perfection in everything he did. In addition to writing his biography on The Life of Father de Smet, S.J., he also wrote several other books about priests. His work on Father de Smet was originally published in 1915 with the Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur. Father Laveille died at Arlon on the fifth of January, 1941.
- Author(s)REV Fr E Laveille,S J Father E Laveille
- PublisherTan Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.