All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year 2002 marked the 250th anniversary of the birth of General George Rogers Clark. In celebrating Clark's life, this book presents new information and new interpretations of his impact upon the settlement of Kentucky and his control of the Old Northwest Territories. The co-editors- who include traditional historians, social historians, and revisionists-include new details t previously published or found within a single source to bring Clark research into the new century. Thirteen experts on various aspects of Clark's life and achievements go beyond his military career as a Revolutionary War hero and frontier Indian fighter to detail the whole of his accomplishments. They address his tragedies along with his triumphs in a refreshingly balanced portrayal. Specific topics of interest include Clark's settlement at Fort Jefferson, the myths surrounding his love life, his management of the Kentucky/Ohio Valley frontier, and a collection of portraiture art never before gathered in one volume.
- Author BiographyKENNETH C. CARSTENS is a professor of archaeology, anthropology, and world geography at Murray State University. He has edited nine books and published more than seventy journal articles. He has studied George Rogers Clark and Clark's Fort Jefferson for twenty-five years. His particular areas of academic interest include Clark, Ohio Valley archaeology and frontier history, cave archaeology, and cultural anthropology. NANCY SON CARSTENS is a doctoral candidate at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. She has published in the Filson History Quarterly, Cobblestone American History Magazine, and Current Research in Kentucky Archaeology. She has held positions at The National Scouting Museum, Murray State University, both in Murray, Kentucky, and Adsmore Museum in Princeton, Kentucky. Presently, she is an independent contract archaeologist in Murray, Kentucky.
- Date of Publication30/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight691 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKenneth C. Carstens,Nancy Son Carstens
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.