All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative biography of Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827) was a landmark in its meticulous research and use of source material. For the American author Alexander Wheelock Thayer (1817-97), it represented a lifelong labour of love, yet it remained unfinished at his death. His friend Hermann Deiters (1833-1907) edited and translated Thayer's work into German, publishing three volumes which covered Beethoven's life to 1816. Since Deiters also died before the biography could be completed, musicologist Hugo Riemann (1849-1919) was called upon to conclude the work. The final German volumes appeared in 1907 and 1908. It was the American critic Henry Edward Krehbiel (1854-1923) who prepared the present work, the first and considerably revised English version, published in three volumes in 1921. Volume 1 covers Beethoven's career up to 1802, Volume 2 covers the period 1803-18, and Volume 3 addresses Beethoven's final years, his ninth symphony and late quartets.
- Author(s)Alexander Wheelock Thayer,Hermann Deiters,Hugo Riemann
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Music
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight2080 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine66 mm
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.