All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Southey (1774-1843), Romantic poet and friend of Coleridge, was Poet Laureate from 1813 to 1843. He also wrote historical works and was a ted scholar of Portuguese. (His three-volume history of Brazil is also reissued in this series.) As Southey himself states, many lives of Nelson had been written since the hero's death at Trafalgar in 1805, but what he is attempting in these two volumes, published in 1813, is a work 'clear and concise eugh to become a manual for the young sailor ...till he has treasured up the example in his memory and in his heart'. In this 'eulogy', Volume 1 describes Nelson's boyhood and early experience of the sea, his service on both sides of the Atlantic and in the Arctic, his uneasy relationship with the Admiralty, and his role in the Napoleonic Wars up to the battle of the Nile.
- Author(s)Robert Southey
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Naval and Military History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.