CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early years of the last century, Rebecca is born into a rural community in the Maesglasau valley in Wales; her family have been working the land for a thousand years, but the changes brought about by modernity threaten the survival of her language, and her family's way of life. Rebecca's reflections on the century are delivered with haunting dignity and a simple intimacy, while her evocation of the changing seasons and a life that is so in tune with its surroundings is rich and poignant. The Life of Rebecca Jones has all the makings of a classic, fixing on a vanishing period of rural history, and the vel's final, unexpected revelation remains unforgettable and utterly moving.
- Author BiographyAngharad Price was born near Caernarfon. A novelist, critic and translator, she has taught at Swansea Univeristy and at Cardiff University, and is now lecturer in Welsh at Bangor University. The Life of Rebecca Jones is her second novel. Lloyd Jones' novel Mr Cassini was shortlisted for the Wales Book of the Year award.
- PrizesWinner of Wales Book of the Year: Welsh Language Award 2003 and National Eisteddfod Prose Medal 2002.
- Author(s)Angharad Price
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacLehose Press
- Weight248 g
- Width148 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byLloyd Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.