All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStraight from the real-world exploits of a high-level fundraiser comes this barely fictionalized account of the world of philanthropy, a world populated by the well-heeled and well-connected. The Life of a Fundraiser is the story of Max Dorgan, a successful fundraiser for a large university foundation, whose hectic existence is all focused on strategizing, courting, and schmoozing huge gifts from the rich and famous. Told in a series of vignettes, this is the portrait of how one man puts together all the moving parts-from managing personalities to managing trusts, wills, and endowments-to keep a huge nprofit sustainable. Part salesman, part financier, and part psychologist, Max juggles it all-often as he runs between airports and cities. At the heart of the stories are the philanthropists-the famous author, the corporate CEOs, the members of the US Cabinet, even the eccentric who donates a box full of diamonds anymously. Motivated by generosity, public image, or less tangible desires, each provides fascinating insight into what makes the affluent give large chunks of their fortunes away.
- Author BiographyThe life of Timothy A. Reilley, D.Ed., has been eclectically productive and satisfying. In college, he joined the Catholic order of the Norbertines, with whom he spent many years in teaching and academic administration. More than two decades later, he changed things up, moving into management consulting. Later, his two worlds of education and business converged, and he became senior vice president in charge of fundraising for the University of Wisconsin Foundation. His experience working with a colorful range of benefactors and familiarity with the financial intricacies of philanthropic gifts inspired this book. Now retired from the university, Reilley continues to work as a consultant in the field of fundraising.
- Author(s)Ed D Timothy a Reilley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.