All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionPrince Albert was one of the defining figures of the Victorian age and Sir Theodore Martin's biography remains the definitive account of his life. Detailed, comprehensive and authoritative, Martin's five volumes and 3000 pages chronicle t just the details of Albert's upbringing and later personal life but also his involvement in the political affairs of the country and his engagement with many of the key figures and events of the Victorian age - from Sir Robert Peel, Lord Palmerston and the Emperor Napoleon to the Indian Mutiny and the Crimean War. With an Introduction by a leading modern scholar, this outstanding biography of one of the key royal figures of the modern period also provides a unique inside view on many of the major events of the Victorian era.
- Author BiographySir Theodore Martin (1816-1909), KCB, KCVO was senior partner in a firm of parliamentary agents before turning to writing, translation and poetry. His works include translations of Dante, Heine, Goethe and Schiller and he published a complete translation of Horace together with a Life of the poet. His 'Life of the Prince Consort' was written at the request of Queen Victoria, and won him her lifelong friendship. He was knighted in 1880.
- Author(s)Sir Theodore Martin
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight5239 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine257 mm
- Contained items statement5 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.