Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- DescriptionRooted in folklore, medieval ideals of chivalry, and the last gallant struggles of the British against the Saxon invaders, the legends of King Arthur have been told in song and story since the middle ages. When Percival comes to Camelot and Galahad sits in the Seat Perilous, as Merlin foretold, the quest for the Holy Grail scatters Arthur's Knights far and wide, bringing death to many and bitter disappointment to the great Lancelot...
- Author BiographyRosemary Sutcliff was born in 1920 in West Clanden, Surrey. With over 50 books to her credit, Rosemary Sutcliff is now universally considered one of the finest writers of historical novels for children. Her first novel, The Queen Elizabeth Story was published in 1950. In 1959 her book The Lantern Bearers won the Carnegie Medal. In 1974 she was highly commended for the Hans Christian Andersen Award and in 1978 her book, Song for a Dark Queen was commended for the Other Award. In 1975, Rosemary was awarded the OBE for services to Children's Literature and the CBE in 1992. Unfortunately Rosemary passed away in July 1992 and is much missed by her many fans.
- Author(s)Rosemary Sutcliff
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRed Fox
- Weight90 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.