All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA king and queen have a daughter and invite everyone to the christening except the King's sister Princess Makemit, a spiteful and sour woman. She arrives without an invitation and curses the princess to have gravity. Whenever the princess accidentally moves up in the air, she has to be brought down, and the wind is capable of carrying her off. As she grows, she never cries, and never can be brought to see the serious side of anything. She passionately loves swimming, and when she swims, she regains her gravity. This leads to the proposal that if she could be brought to cry, it might break the curse. But thing can induce her to cry. This wonderful tale is clearly a precursors to Sleeping Beauty. Also included in this volume are the stories The Giant's Heart and The Golden Key.
- Author(s)George MacDonald
- PublisherSMK Books
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSMK Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.