All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this 10th Anniversary Edition of her popular text, Sonia Nieto reviews where we have been and where we should be going in our pursuit of creating multicultural learning communities in our schools. With a new Introductory Chapter and a new Epilogue, Nieto addresses some of the changes we have experienced during the past decade that help explain the current sociopolitical environment - our increasing diversity, the altering conditions in schools and in society, the influence of poverty on learning, and the impact of NCLB on classrooms and schools. This updated edition of The Light in Their Eyes focuses on the significant role of teachers in transforming students' lives. It considers recent theories, policies, and practices about the variability in student learning and culturally responsive pedagogy and examines the importance of student and teacher voice in research and practice. It also provides an update, in their own words, on former students whose journal entries were included in the first edition.
- Author BiographySonia Nieto is Professor Emerita at theUniversity of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is the author of the bestselling books Why We Teach and What Keeps Teachers Going?
- Author(s)Sonia Nieto
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMulticultural Education Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement10th anniversary ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.