All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI adoredThe Light of Paris. It s so lovely and big-hearted it made me long for Paris. Jojo Moyes, New York Times-bestselling author ofMe Before You and After YouThe Light of Paris is the miraculous new vel from New York Times bestselling author Elear Brown, whose debut, The Weird Sisters, was a sensation beloved by critics and readers alike. Madeleine is trapped by her family's expectations, by her controlling husband, and by her own fears in an unhappy marriage and a life she never wanted. From the outside, it looks like she has everything, but on the inside, she fears she has thing that matters. In Madeleine s memories, her grandmother Margie is the kind of woman she should have been elegant, reserved, perfect. But when Madeleine finds a diary detailing Margie s bold, romantic trip to Jazz Age Paris, she meets the grandmother she never knew: a dreamer who defied her strict, staid family and spent an exhilarating summer writing in cafes, living on her own, and falling for a charismatic artist. Despite her unhappiness, when Madeleine s marriage is threatened, she panics, escaping to her hometown and staying with her critical, disapproving mother. In that unlikely place, shaken by the revelation of a long-hidden family secret and inspired by her grandmother s bravery, Madeleine creates her own Parisian summer reconnecting to her love of painting, cultivating a vibrant circle of creative friends, and finding a kindred spirit in a down-to-earth chef who reminds her to feed both her body and her heart. Margie and Madeleine s stories intertwine to explore the joys and risks of living life on our own terms, of defying the rules that hold us back from our dreams, and of becoming the people we are meant to be.
- Author BiographyEleanor Brown is the author of The Weird Sisters. Her writing has been published in anthologies, magazines, and journals. She holds an M.A. in Literature and has worked in education in South Florida. She lives in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
- Author(s)Eleanor Brown
- PublisherG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.