All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo pit the legendary Confederate cavalry leader Nathan Bedford Forrest and his veteran cavalry regiments against a rookie Union Infantry colonel and his four infantry regiments mounted on mules might seem laughable, but it turned out to be anything but. The Union Raid began with a 300 mile boat trip, then began its move toward Georgia from the Mississippi/Alabama border. Its goal was to disrupt the rail line supplying Confederate troops in Tennessee. In a textbook tactical campaign, Streight held off the veteran Forrest until exhaustion, bad luck, and poor equipment did him in. This book tells the details.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Willett has an MBA from Western Michigan University and a 40 year career in commercial banking. He has held bank presidencies in Michigan, Florida and Saipan. Retired since 1993 he still does international bank consulting in such diverse locations as Cluj, Romania;Kampala, Uganda; Yuzhno-Sakhalin, Russia and Baghdad. An avid student of history he has had four books published: One Day of the Civil War, The Lightning Mule Brigade, Russian Sideshow and An Airline at War. This is the second printing of The Lightning Mule Brigade.
- Author(s)Robert L Willett
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byJr.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.