All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays turnings around aesthetic and ethical questions, and intertwining them, is intended to foster and elaborate the tion of intercultural philosophy. Without idealizing any single way of thinking or tradition, without idolizing any lazy relativism, the author wants to show how interculturality is neither a comprehensive, ultimate system of thoughts, r a disconnected plurality of opinions. Surmounting monism without fading into dualism, he moves on leads to deal with the philosophical character of symbols, analogies, and comparisons, through which we can grasp the links and relations between identity and difference.
- Author BiographyMarcello Ghilardi, MA in Philosophy, PhD in Aesthetics, is a Tenure Researcher at the University of Padova. He has been visiting scholar at the Universities of Paris VII (Denis Diderot), Kyoto Daigaku, and the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Among his books: L'enigma e lo specchio (2006); Arte e pensiero in Giappone (2011); Il visibile differente (2012); Filosofia dell'interculturalita (2012), Il vuoto, le forme, l'altro (2014) and the artbook In the Distance of Light (2014).
- Author(s)Marcello Ghilardi
- PublisherMimesis International
- Date of Publication28/11/2015
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintMimesis International
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.