All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Linear Algebra Survival Guide offers a concise introduction to the difficult core topics of linear algebra, guiding you through the powerful graphic displays and visualization of Mathematica that make the most abstract theories seem simple - allowing you to tackle realistic problems using simple mathematical manipulations. This resource is therefore a guide to learning the content of Mathematica in a practical way, enabling you to manipulate potential solutions/outcomes, and learn creatively. No starting kwledge of the Mathematica system is required to use the book. Desktop, laptop, web-based versions of Mathematica are available on all major platforms. Mathematica Online for tablet and smartphone systems are also under development and increases the reach of the guide as a general reference, teaching and learning tool. * Includes computational oriented information that complements the essential topics in linear algebra.* Presents core topics in a simple, straightforward way with examples for exploring computational illustrations, graphics, and displays using Mathematica.* Provides numerous examples of short code in the text, which can be modified for use with exercises to develop graphics displays for teaching, learning, and demonstrations.
- Author BiographyAuthor of: The Linear Algebra Survival Guide, 1st Edition Actuaries' Survival Guide, 2nd Edition Actuaries' Survival Guide, 1st Edition Linear Algebra: An Introduction using Maple, 1st Edition Linear Algebra: An Introduction using Mathematica, 1st Edition Fred E. Szabo is professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Concordia University in Canada. He completed his undergraduate studies at Oxford University under the guidance of Sir Michael Dummett and received a Ph.D. in mathematics from McGill University under the supervision of Joachim Lambek. After postdoctoral studies at Oxford University and visiting professorships at several European universities, he returned to Concordia University as a faculty member and dean of graduate studies. For more than twenty years, he developed methods for the teaching of mathematics with technology. In 2012 he was honored at the annual Wolfram Technology Conference for his work on A New Kind of Learning with a Wolfram Innovator Award. He is currently professor and Provost Fellow at Concordia University.
- Author(s)Fred Szabo
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2015
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight753 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.