All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of us kw of the Indo-European roots of European languages, but how did this precursor language take hold and what did Europe look like before it did so? This book explores the continent before the spread of the Indo-Europeans, examines its indigeus population and the contacts it had with Indo-European and Uralic immigrants, and, ultimately, asks how these origins led to the development of that crucial singularity for Europes languages. Drawing on archaeology, religious studies, and palaeography, the contributors offer a detailed and comprehensive picture of Europes linguistic prehistory and, in turn, its cultural one.
- Author BiographyRobert Mailhammer is a senior lecturer in the School of Humanities and Communication Arts at the University of Western Sydney in Australia. Theo Vennemann is emeritus professor of theoretical and German linguistics at the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich. Birgit Annette Olsen is professor at the University of Copenhagen.
- PublisherMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Weight816 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBirgit Anette Olsen,Robert Mailhammer,Theo Vennemann
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.