The Link, Vol. 4: February, 1940 (Classic Reprint) by Clerence W Hall (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Link, Vol. 4: February, 1940 Who owned the only sundial mentioned in the Bible? (Isaiah 38:8) How much did Joseph's brothers get for him, when they sold him into slavery? (Genesis 37:28) Which is longer, the middle verse of the Old Testament or the middle verse of the New Testament? (II Chronicles 18:30; Acts 7:7) To what deadly weapon is the word of God compared in the New Testament? (Hebrews 4:12) The word hats is used only once in the Bible. What happened to the men who were wearing them? (Daniel 3:21) Everybody kws about the Noah who built the ark, but there's ather Noah in the Bible, a woman. Who was she? (Numbers 27:1) What's wrong with this sentence: Two of Paul's enemies in Cyprus were Elymas and Bar-Jesus ? (Acts 13:5-11) Of all the places mentioned in the New Testament, there are three important ones with names beginning with A. You ought to be able to guess them all. The name of the first one means City of Minerva. The name of the secondone means FruitMountains. The name of the third one means City of Fast Chariots. (Acts 17: 15; Revelation 16:16; Acts 11:20) When American army quartermasters established storehouses in the city of llama, Syria, the soldiers who were assigned to duty there marvelled at the great water-wheels, nearly fifty feet high, with which the natives lift irrigation water from the river Orontes. The present name of the town is a shortened form of the Biblical Hamath, meaning fortress. What Old Testament king had storehouses there, so huge that they were kwn as store cities ? (II Chronicles 8:3, 4) What were Paul's first words after his conversion? (Acts 9:6) Whose name occurs in both the first and last verses of the New Testament? In what city did Paul preach for three years? (Hint: Its earliest inhabitants were the famous Amazons, those legendary female warriors who originally came from the Sea of Azov, scene of bitter fighting between Germans and Russians in World War II.) (Acts 20:17, 31) When Christ was born to Joseph and Mary, did the name Jesus come from the father or the mother? (Matthew 1:20, 21) Supply the missing word in the following familiar quotation: He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a -. (Proverbs 16:32) In Old Testament times, was the ostrich considered a clever bird? (Job 39:13-17) Who found a piece of money in a fish? (Hint: He- was a brother of Andrew and a partner in the fishing business with John and James, the sons of Zebedee.) (Matthew 17:26, 27) About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Clerence W Hall
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.