Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'For you, I will write of it all - part truth, part memory, part nightmare - my life, the one that started so long ago, in a place so far from here...' India, 1839: Linny Gow, a respectable young wife and mother, settles down to write her life story. To outside appearances Linny is the perfect Colonial wife: beautiful, gracious, subservient. But appearances can be very deceptive ...An unforgettable book, richly descriptive and mesmerising from the start, The Linnet Bird is the spellbinding story of the journey of Linny Gow - child prostitute turned social climber turned colonial wife turned adventuress. Frequently disturbing, often moving and always enthralling, it is that rare thing: a once-in-a-lifetime read.
- Author BiographyLinda Holeman is the author of the internationally bestselling historical novels The Linnet Bird, The Moonlit Cage, In a Far Country, and The Saffron Gate, as well as a number of other works of fiction and short fiction. The Moonlit Cage was chosen by Amnesty International UK as one of their 'ten great books on human rights'. Her novels have been translated into eighteen languages. A world traveller, she grew up and was educated in Winnipeg. She currently lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Linda Holeman
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/09/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Weight398 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.03Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.35Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.