About this product
- DescriptionThis collection is a treasure trove of the world's storytelling wisdom, ranging from the must-have favourites (Axe soup, Under the Banyan Tree) to lesser kwn stories that are at once compelling and unforgettable. Re-told in Mary Joslin's elegant style and full of eye-catching pictures, this book is a valuable addition to any bookshelf. Presented in a beautifully designed hardback cover, The Lion Book of Classic Wisdom Stories makes a thoughtful and lasting gift.
- Author BiographyMary Joslin is married and has 3 grown up children. She began writing when her own children were still young and has since written books that have been published throughout the world. For Lion these include Our Father, The Tale of the Heaven Tree, Do the Angels Watch Close By?, The Merchant Enticed by the Pearl of Great Price and The Story of the Cross. She likes kayaking, canoeing and gardening. Christina Balit is a graduate of the Royal College of Art. An acclaimed children's book artist, she has always longed to illustrate the Bible. She has received widespread praise for books including Blodin the Beast, Ishtar and Tammuz and The Twelve Labours of Hercules. Of British and Armenian descent, Christina spent her childhood years in the ancient lands of the Middle East --- the very landscapes where so many of the Bible's tales are set.
- Author(s)Mary Joslin
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleLion Classic Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Children's Books
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight544 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christina Balit
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.