All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionFully illustrated and accessibly written, this is an up to date and authoritative survey of the entire history of the relationship between science and Christianity. A thorough introduction to the nature of scientific and theological enquiry is followed by an examination of each major scientific discipline and its engagement with Christianity. Berry covers famous events (Galileo's trial, Darwinian controversy, Creationism) and less well-kwn debates. Recent scientific developments are explored including cloning, the human geme, GM crops, nuclear power, artificial intelligence, and gravity as an explanation for the origins of the Universe. The Intelligent Design movement and theories on how the world may end is also given consideration.
- Author BiographyR.J. Berry was formerly Professor of Genetics at University College London for twenty-five years. He is a recipient of the UK Templeton Award for sustained advocacy of the Christian faith in the world of science, and author of several books in the field of science-faith relations. He is a former President of the Linnean Society, the British Ecological Society, and Christians in Science.
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleLion Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight953 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byR. J. Berry
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.