All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIran is a country rich in wildlife and, under the Shah, was one of the first in the world to develop a conservation program. A natural crossroads over which migrations of men and animals have flowed since the beginning of time, the country has two completely different climatic zones enabling an extraordinary variety of species to flourish. Surprisingly, however, the details are poorly documented in the West. This book is the first to explore the major species of mammals and birds, both as they are w and as they have evolved through time. It will serve as an invaluable guide for wildlife enthusiasts and travelers.
- Author BiographyPatrick Humphreys is past-president of the British Veterinary Zoological Society and a member of the Society for the Study of Asian Affairs. Esmail Kahrom is the former director of the Bureau of Wildlife in Iran. He currently lives in Wales.
- Author(s)Esmail Kahrom,Esmail Kahroum,Patrick Humphreys
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1997
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations, b&w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.