All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionJoanna Greenfield dreamed of travelling to East Africa to study one of the last kwn populations of wild chimpanzees. When she was offered a once-in-a-lifetime chance, the young student set off from peaceful Kenya into politically hazardous Uganda. From there, a small team of guides led her into the mountains. In stunningly evocative language, Greenfield depicts the beauty of the rainforest and the determination required to wait for one transcendent encounter in the wild. But even one of the most remote places in the world is t immune to terrifying man-made conflict. Greenfield and her team are robbed by poachers and harassed by soldiers. Eventually, it becomes too dangerous to continue her research, though she kws she may never be allowed to return. THE LION'S EYE is the true story of one woman's burning mission to connect with animals -an adventure story and against-the-odds quest for a wilderness few of us have ever glimpsed.
- Author BiographyJoanna Greenfield talked a scientist into giving her a chimpanzee research site between her junior and senior years of college, in the Impenetrable Forest of Uganda. She lives in the mountains in America now, and is working on a pilot project to provide towns with a blueprint for going sustainable with renewable energy, recycling, public transportation, local farming, and more.
- Author(s)Joanna Greenfield
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight436 g
- Width144 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.