All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionA brilliant look into the psyche of combat. Where he once took us into the Spartan line of battle at Thermopylae, Steven Pressfield w takes us into the sands of the Sinai, the alleys of Old Jerusalem, and into the hearts and souls of soldiers winning a spectacularly improbable victory against daunting odds. General Stanley McChrystal, U.S. Army, ret.; author of My Share of the Task June 5, 1967. The nineteen-year-old state of Israel issurrounded by enemies who want thing less thanher utter extinction. The Soviet-equipped EgyptianArmy has massed a thousand tanks on the nation ssouthern border. Syrian heavy guns are shelling herfrom the rth. To the east, Jordan and Iraq aremoving mechanized brigades and fighter squadronsinto position to attack. Egypt s President Nasser hasdeclared that the Arab force s objective is the destructiof Israel. The rest of the world turns a blind eyeto the new nation s desperate peril. June 10, 1967. The Arab armies have been routed, ground divisions wiped out, air forces totally destroyed.Israel s citizen-soldiers have seized the Gaza Strip andthe Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the Golan Heightsfrom Syria, East Jerusalem and the West Bank fromJordan. The land under Israeli control has tripled.Her charismatic defense minister, Moshe Dayan, hasentered the Lion s Gate of the Old City of Jerusalemto stand with the paratroopers who have liberatedJudaism s holiest site the Western Wall, part of theruins of Solomon s temple, which has t been in Jewishhands for nineteen hundred years. It is one of the most unlikely and astonishing militaryvictories in history. Drawing on hundreds of hours of interviews with veteransof the war fighter and helicopter pilots, tankcommanders and Recon soldiers, paratroopers, as wellas women soldiers, wives, and others bestsellingauthor Steven Pressfield tells the story of the Six DayWar as you ve never experienced it before: in the voicesof the young men and women who battled t onlyfor their lives but for the survival of a Jewish state, andfor the dreams of their ancestors. By turns inspiring, thrilling, and heartbreaking, TheLion s Gate is both a true tale of military courage underfire and a journey into the heart of what it means tofight for one s people.
- Author BiographySTEVEN PRESSFIELDis the author oftwelve previous books, including the bestselling novels Gates of Fire and The Legend of Bagger Vance, as well asthe cult classic on creativity The War of Art. He livesin Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Steven Pressfield
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date08/03/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.