All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's complex, fast-paced, high-intensity organizations, effective communication is paramount. But all too often, messages are misinterpreted, igred, or missed altogether-stifling creativity, dampening morale, and even threatening achievement of basic goals. Harris's book is about improving communication by focusing on listening, and, in the process, developing more effective leadership skills throughout the organization. It explores ways in which managers and employees alike can elevate listening to the level of influence-to maximize conversational value and relationships through response and feedback. The Listening Leader integrates insights from management and psychology to offer practical techniques for overcoming common barriers to effective listening. With tips for keeping listening sharp and advice for boosting memory and recall, Harris provides readers with the tools to engage in much more productive dialogue with colleagues, supervisors, employees, and customers, as well as within relationships beyond work. The Listening Leader demonstrates that turning listening from a passive, compliant activity into an active, influential one contributes to more dynamic, trusting, collaborative, candid-and profitable-relationships through which everyone benefits.
- Author BiographyRichard M. Harris is President and Founder of Richard M. Harris Associates, a consulting firm specializing in business communication. He has presented management communication and leadership training programs to a wide variety of Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies, and speaks to professional and industry associations around the country. His articles on effective communication have appeared in such publications as Training and Development, Corporate Meetings & Incentives, Language Sciences, and Financial Executive.
- Author(s)Richard M. Harris
- Date of Publication30/04/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.