The Literacy Coaching Challenge: Models and Methods for Grades K-8 by Michael C. McKenna, Sharon Walpole (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the goal is supporting excellent teaching, there is one-size-fits-all approach. This popular practitioner resource and text helps readers navigate the many choices involved in developing and fine-tuning a coaching program that offers the best fit for a particular school. The authors draw on current research as well as their extensive experience in K-8 settings. They provide clear guidance (with helpful reproducibles) on: *Major coaching models and how to choose among them. *Applying principles of adult learning and motivation. *The role of reading assessment in coaching. *Balancing classroom-level, grade-level, and whole-school tasks. *Special considerations in middle school coaching. See also The Literacy Coach's Handbook, Second Edition, which offers a complete primer on the role of the literacy coach and what coaches need to kw to get started.
- Author BiographyMichael C. McKenna, PhD, is Thomas G. Jewell Professor of Reading in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia. He is the author, coauthor or editor of 15 books and more than 100 articles, chapters, and technical reports on a range of literacy topics. His books include two that were coauthored with Sharon Walpole: The Literacy Coach's Handbook: A Guide to Research-Based Practice and Differentiated Reading Instruction: Strategies for the Primary Grades. His other books include Assessment for Reading Instruction (with Steven Stahl); Help for Struggling Readers; Teaching through Text; and Issues and Trends in Literacy Education, among others. Dr. McKenna's research has been sponsored by the National Reading Research Center and the Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement. He is the cowinner of the National Research Conference's Edward Fry Book Award and American Library Association's Award for Outstanding Academic Books. He has served on the editorial board of Reading Research Quarterly, and his articles have appeared in that journal as well as in others. Dr. McKenna now works extensively with literacy coaches in Georgia and Virginia. Sharon Walpole, PhD, is Associate Professor of Reading in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. She teaches undergraduate courses on language and literacy development in kindergarten and first grade, master's courses on content-area reading instruction and on organization and supervision of the reading program, and doctoral seminars on literacy and educational policy. Dr. Walpole has extensive school-based experience, including both high school teaching and elementary school administration. She has also been involved in federally funded and homegrown schoolwide reform projects and has been studying the design and effects of schoolwide reforms, particularly those involving literacy coaches. She works closely with the Reading First initiatives in Delaware, Virginia, and Georgia and is coauthor (with Michael C. McKenna) of The Literacy Coach's Handbook and Differentiated Reading Instruction, and has written articles in a number of professional journals. In 2007, Dr. Walpole received the Early Career Award from the National Reading Conference for Significant Contributions to Literacy Research and Education.
- Author(s)Michael C. McKenna,Sharon Walpole
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSolving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight407 g
- Width179 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.