All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionFifth Business and Alligator Pie. Stephen Leacock, Grey Owl, and Morley Callaghan: these treasured Canadian books and authors were all nurtured by the Macmillan Company of Canada, one of the country's foremost twentieth-century publishing houses. The Literary Legacy of the Macmillan Company of Canada is a unique look at the contribution of publishers and editors to the formation of the Canadian literary can.Ruth Pafsky's study begins in 1905 with the establishment of Macmillan Canada as a branch plant to the company's London office. While concentrating on the firm's original trade publishing, which had considerable cultural influence, Pafsky underscores the fundamental importance of educational titles to Macmillan's financial profile. The Literary Legacy of the Macmillan Company of Canada also illuminates the key individuals -- including Hugh Eayrs, John Gray, and Hugh Kane -- whose personalities were as fascinating as those of the authors they published, and whose achievements helped to advance modern literature in Canada.
- Author BiographyRuth Panofsky is a professor in the Department of English at Ryerson University.
- Author(s)Ruth Panofsky
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Book & Print Culture
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.