All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA learned fool is more of a fool than an igrant fool can be. Juliet and Clinton are in love. Guileless, sweet, all-encompassing love. However, love is t without its impediments. Standing in the way of their eternal happiness are Juliets mother and sister, whose disapproval is of the most high-brow kind. Justin Fleming has audaciously brought Molieres Les Femmes Savantes (The Learned Ladies) screaming into the 21st century and created a sassy, Sydney story filled with linguistic dexterity, wit and rhyme. (5 acts, 2 male, 3 female).
- Author BiographyJustin Fleming's plays include: for ATYP and Bakehouse Theatre Company: His Mothers Voice; for Belvoir: Burnt Piano (later produced by: Melbourne Theatre Company, Centaur (Montreal), Herbert Berghof Theater New York); for Courtauld Institute, London: Origin (later produced by Art Gallery of New South Wales); for Ensemble Theatre and Festival of Sydney: Hammer; for Melbourne Theatre Company: Coup DEtat (later produced by: Bakehouse Theatre Company, Western Canada Theatre); for New York Ensemble Studio Theatre and Alfred P Sloan Foundation: Soldier of the Mind; for Old Fitz Theatre: The Department Store; for Riverside Theatres: Shellshock; and for Sydney Theatre Company: The Cobra, Harold In Italy, The Ninth Wonder. Justins previous translations of Moliere include: for Bell Shakespeare: The School for Wives; and for Melbourne Theatre Company: Tartuffe (The Hypocrite) (later produced by Bell Shakespeare). Justins credits as librettist include: for Griffin, Wayne Harrison, Ross Mollison and Robert C Kelly: Satango; for Compact Opera (UK Tour) and Sadlers Wells: Crystal Balls; for Ensemble Theatre: Ripper: The Terror of Whitechapel; and for Savoy Theatre: Tess of the DUrbervilles, which then toured the UK. Justin is also the author of Stage Lines Writing Scripts for the Stage, published by Phoenix Education.
- Author(s)Justin Fleming
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.