The Literature Review: Six Steps to Success by Brenda T. McEvoy, Lawrence A. Machi (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of the best-selling book offers graduate students in education and the social sciences a road map to developing and writing an effective literature review for a research project, thesis, or dissertation. Organized around a proven six-step model and incorporating techlogy into all of the steps, the book provides examples, strategies, and exercises that take students step by step through the entire process: Selecting a topic Searching the literature Developing arguments Surveying the literature Critiquing the literature Writing the literature review The second edition includes key vocabulary words, techlogy advice, and additional tips on when and how to write during the early stages-including the use of journals and memoranda-to make the literature review process a success.
- Author BiographyLawrence A. Machi is a Professor Emeritus of Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne, in La Verne, California. He holds an MA in curriculum development and an Ed.D. in organizational leadership. He has taught research methods and design, and has chaired doctoral dissertation research in addition to teaching classes in organizational development. He has extensive experience in higher education, and prior to his tenure at La Verne, he taught in schools of education at the University of San Francisco, St. Mary's College of California, and Sonoma State University. Dr. Machi currently serves as a Fulbright Specialist, having recently completed an assignment in Taiwan. With K-12 experience as well, he has worked as a secondary teacher and served as a school administrator in both secondary and elementary school districts in Northern California. He has occupied the roles of vice principal, principal, assistant superintendent, and superintendent, frequently consulting with many California school districts and nonprofit organizations. His specialties are in the areas of organizational leadership, finance, negotiations, organizational development, and strategic thinking. Brenda T. McEvoy taught high school English, history, and science for thirty-six years. Research skills were always part of her curriculum. For eight years, she worked for the California State Department of Education leading groups of educators in improving their ability to edit and assess student writing. Also for the state, she was a mentor for beginning English and history teachers. Participation in the California Writing Project extended her knowledge of writing and the difficulties students face when producing a major assignment. She has worked as an editor for several books, focusing on helping writers create work that is clear and logical.
- Author(s)Brenda T. McEvoy,Lawrence A. Machi
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date17/06/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.