All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis text surveys the literature of the Chinese mainland, concentrating on fiction, poetry and drama, with background surveys on the historical, social and cultural context, and chapters on individual writers and their works. It assumes kwledge of Chinese. Topics include: the role of writers and the function of literature in a modernizing society; the long, native chinese tradition; the emphasis on culture and propaganda in a modernizing state; the relation of writers to their readers; and writers general impact on modern Chinese society.
- Author(s)Bonnie S. McDougall,Kam Louie
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight830 g
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.