All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few football clubs in the world that attract as much interest in the modern game as Chelsea. Whether it is the latest observations from coach Jose Mourinho, big-money transfer targets, the style of play or results in Europe, everybody thinks they kw what's happening - or at least has an opinion on it. The arrival of Russian billionaire tycoon Roman Abramovich as owner turned a glamorous club with a long history of under-achievement, into an international powerhouse. After one championship in 99 years, the Blues have won three Premier League titles, plus the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, four FA Cups and two Football League Cups. The club always was a magnet for well-kwn names - vaudeville legend George Robey played for the Pensioners in the club's earliest days - and, in the modern era, Stamford Bridge has become home to a dazzling array of world stars. From Ron Chopper Harris and Ken Bates through Ruud Gullit, Roberto Di Matteo and Glenn Hoddle to Mourinho, John Terry, Frank Lampard and Fernando Torres, there is lack of characters to draw on for quotes.
- Author BiographyClive Batty, a rabid Chelsea fan, has written or edited a number of books and compilations on Chelsea, including A Serious Case of the Blues (Chelsea in 1980s), Kings of the Kings Road (Chelsea in the 1960s/70s), The Pocket Book of Chelsea, and, for Carlton Books, The Little Book of Jose Mourinho and The Chelsea Miscellany.
- Author(s)Clive Batty
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Weight177 g
- Width113 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.