All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this lay reader's introduction to the most spectacular and devastating of all geological events, Rolf Schick describes how earthquakes and volcaes are related, and how they are an integral part of Earth's structure. Tracing the latest findings and theories in plate tectonics, he helps readers ask and answer the basic questions: What was it during the formation of Earth that led to these phemena? Why do they occur in certain areas and t in others? How can we, within reason, protect ourselves from their devastation? And how far have we come, and how far can we go, in predicting when they will strike? For the reader who wants a concise and accessible guide to what makes the ground shake and explode, this is the perfect introduction.
- Author(s)Rolf Schick
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/06/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleLittle Book Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopernicus Books
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight201 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.