About this product
- DescriptionGratitude is the simple, scientifically proven way to increase happiness and encourage greater joy, love, peace, and optimism into our lives. Through easy practices such as keeping a daily gratitude journal, writing letters of thanks, and meditating on the good we have received, we can improve our health and wellbeing, enhance our relationships, encourage healthy sleep, and heighten feelings of connectedness. Easily accessible and available to everyone, the practice of gratitude will benefit every area of your life and generate a positive ripple effect. This beautiful book discusses the benefits of gratitude and teaches easy techniques to foster gratitude every day. It also includes an 8-week gratitude plan.
- Author BiographyRobert Emmons, PhD, is a Professor of Psychology and Lab Director of the Emmons Lab at University of California, Davis. He is the world's leading scientific expert on gratitude and the founding editor-in-chief of The Journal of Positive Psychology. He is a prominent speaker and the author of numerous books, including Gratitude Works!: A 21-Day Program for Creating Emotional Prosperity (Jossey Bass, 2013) and Thanks! How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier (Houghton Mifflin, 2008), The Psychology of Ultimate Concerns: Motivation and Spirituality in Personality (Guilford Press, 2003), The Psychology of Gratitude (OUP USA, 2004) and Words of Gratitude for Mind, Body and Soul (with Joanna Hill, Templeton Foundation Press, 2002) in addition to hundreds of articles.
- Author(s)Robert A Emmons Phd
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Series TitleMBS Little Book of...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGaia Books Ltd
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Weight148 g
- Width144 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.