All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionCombining startling graphic imagery with truly shocking facts gathered from the world's most authoritative sources, The Little Book of Shocking Global Facts is a powerful visual manifesto by the world's most respected graphic designer, Jonathan Barnbrook and his studio. How is it that the developed world spends billions of dollars annually on weaponry, while the poor of the developing world have access to education, medicines or even clean drinking water? What exactly is the relationship between cheap goods on the high street and the wage-slavery of sweatshops? How have large corporations branded the world in which we live?. The Little Book of Shocking Global Facts addresses these questions and many more besides, through its thought-provoking imagery and the persuasiveness of its first-rate research. This landmark publication demonstrates compellingly through words and pictures that unfettered globalisation is a highly destructive force when used for profit or political power, and that a new compassionate world order needs to be instigated. This important manifesto for global change will undoubtedly change its readers hearts and minds.
- Author BiographyBarnbrook Design is one of the best-known design studios in Britain today. It has been producing innovative work since 1990. The studio, headed by Jonathan Barnbrook, works across a broad range of disciplines including print design, industrial design, typeface design and commercials for television. The studio's clients range from international museums to underground music magazines. Barnbrook Design also lectures widely and self-initiates exhibitions.
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFiell Publishing Limited
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.