All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pararmal is a subject of endless fascination to mankind. There is an insatiable appetite for tales of UFOs, ghosts, cryptozoology and other features of our world that are frequently reported by eye-witnesses, but are t yet accepted by science as being genuine phemena or events. This little book introduces the reader to the world of the pararmal and entertains them with numerous anecdotes, snippets of information and lists of events. Rupert Matthews has produced an amusing, and yet serious volume that will leave the reader wondering just why scientists refuse to accept the amazing world of the pararmal. Including chapters on UFOs and aliens, Bigfoot and man-apes, ghosts and hauntings, sea-serpents and lake monsters, predictions and curses, poltergeists, pararmal humans as well as near-death experiences and mediumship, this is a thought-provoking book covering all aspects of the pararmal in an accessible and entertaining way. In 1944 an RAF air crew operating over Europe at night reported seeing mysterious glowing balls that followed their aircraft, swooping and diving around the night sky at amazing speeds. In 1943 prospector John McQuire staggered into Ruby, Alaska. He said that he had been attacked by a large, hairy 'bushman', but that his dogs had chased the creature away. McQuire was badly injured and died a few days later. In 1838 HMS Fly was cruising off California when it encountered a large, crocodile-like creature. It was reported as having the head of an alligator, but with a much longer neck. Instead of legs it had four flippers similar to those of a turtle. On 21 July 1961 Helen Stitt and her father were camping beside Loch Ness on a fishing trip. In the early evening they saw a sudden splashing, from which arose a humped, rounded object. The object then swam off toward the centre of the loch where it slowly sank from view. In 1889 a poltergeist that infested a Quebec farm owned by the Dagg family developed a fascination with money, It moved cash from one place to ather, even throwing a five dollar bill into a fireplace on one occasion. Find out about all these mysteries, and many more within ...
- Author BiographyRupert Matthews is the author of numerous books on the paranormal, including Alien Encounters, Poltergeists and Other Hauntings, and Sasquatch.
- Author(s)Ruper Matthews
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.