Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 15 Dec
- AU $42.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beloved tale of The Little Mermaid is faithfully reproduced in this new edition of Hans Christian Anderson s classic. Original art by critically acclaimed New York Times bestselling illustrator Charles Santore is masterfully reproduced using the most advanced techlogy to bring these breathtaking illustrations to life like never before. The vivid colors and captivating spreads make this beautiful story one to be treasured in every home. The Little Mermaid is a timeless classic that has fascinated readers young and old for many generations. The adventures of the young mermaid princess splash life across the pages of a story full of belonging, hope, love and sacrifice. This new edition embodies beautiful original artwork by Charles Santore, masterfully reproduced with the latest techlogy available, containing vivid colors and captivating illustrations that make every page an unrivaled masterpiece. The sharp contrast of life under the sea and on the land is captured with these magnificent depictions of the story. In reviewing the original Santore artwork, the School Library Journal wrote, Through his clever use of contrasting palettes, the illustrations create two distinct worlds: the ethereal blues and greens of the Sea King's undersea realm, and the sun-drenched reds and golds of the prince's domain. Children and adults are sure to treasure this book and all it encompasses for many years to come.
- Author BiographyCharles Santore is a renowned children s book illustrator whose work has been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. Santore is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children s stories such as Snow White, The Night Before Christmas and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow s Paul Revere s Ride, which was named 2004 Children s Book of the Year for Poetry by the Bank Street College Children s Book Committee. His illustrations for The Wizard of Oz, which is widely considered to be the quintessential illustrated version, were used as the scenic backdrops for a major television performance of the work. Charles Santore lives and works in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Hans Christian Andersen
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintApplesauce Press, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co
- Content NoteFull Colour Throughout
- Weight599 g
- Width273 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementClassic ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.