All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a first reading book. It is a great big version of The Little Red Hen - perfect for use in show-and-tell! The large-format pages, simple repeated language and vibrant characters make this book ideal for helping with your child's first steps in reading. It introduces words such as hen (with her lazy friends cat, dog and duck), wheat, field, flour, windmill and more. It includes a simple picture dictionary. It's fun to start reading with this well-loved story. Young children may already kw this traditional tale - about a farmyard hen whose hard work and patience pays off in the end. This edition can be used in several ways to allow early learners to gain confidence. Grownup helpers can start by reading out the illustrated words shown at the side of each left-hand page. Key words on the right-hand page have already been introduced on the left-hand page, so readers can have fun trying to spot the same words in the story itself. All the pictured words are recapped in a dictionary at the back of the book.
- Author BiographyNicola Baxter has written or compiled over three hundred children's titles. Daniel Howarth used to work as a freelance animator, and now creates greetings cards and children's books.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- FormatNovelty book
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width344 mm
- Height400 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Daniel Howarth
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.03Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.23Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.