All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJames Joyce's Ulysses first appeared in print in the pages of an American avant-garde magazine, The Little Review, between 1918 and 1920. The vel many consider to be the most important literary work of the twentieth century was, at the time, deemed obscene and scandalous, resulting in the eventual seizure of The Little Review and the placing of a legal ban on Joyce's masterwork that would t be lifted in the United States until 1933. For the first time, The Little Review Ulysses brings together the serial installments of Ulysses to create a new edition of the vel, enabling teachers, students, scholars, and general readers to see how one of the previous century's most daring and influential prose narratives evolved, and how it was initially introduced to an audience who recognized its radical potential to transform Western literature. This unique and essential publication also includes essays and illustrations designed to help readers understand the rich contexts in which Ulysses first appeared and trace the complex changes Joyce introduced after it was banned.
- Author BiographyMark Gaipa is senior editor at the Modernist Journals Project. Sean Latham is Walter Professor of English at the University of Tulsa and editor of the James Joyce Quarterly. Robert Scholes is emeritus professor at Brown University.
- Author(s)James Joyce,Mark Gaipa,Robert Scholes,Sean Latham
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note26 b/w + 26 color illus.
- Weight681 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.