All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe kw very little about Vermeer's life. Father of a large family, he paints very few canvasses, yet his painting are very famous! Discover the trades of the time: dairywoman, lacemaker, astromer, geographer, maid, music teacher...Colour in the gabled houses of the Delft alley where the painter lives. Meet the girl with pearl earring. Discover the musical instruments of the time and decipher the messages hidden in his paintings and colour them in Vermeer's style. Happy Museum! is a series of short, interactive books for juniors from 4 to 14 years of age. Its purpose is to spread the enjoyment of art and to inspire, turning family trips to the museum or art gallery into a fun experience through the creative, educational and enjoyable interactive activities in these books.
- Author BiographyCatherine de Duve is an art historian and painter who worked at the Royal Museum of Fine Arts of Belgium. She designed her first interactive work for children in 1999, a review of James Ensor. She went on as an editor and author to pursue children's art publishing in 2000. Catherine de Duve has written more than thirty books of children's art for Kate'Art Editions, Alice Edition (Brussels), Hatier (Paris) and The Birdcage (USA).
- Author(s)Catherine de Duve
- PublisherKate art edition
- Date of Publication28/12/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleColor Zen
- Place of PublicationBruxelles
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHappy Museum
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height220 mm
- Interest Age3 - 10 years old
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.