All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionEdith Endsley joined the Army Nurse Corps in 1943 during World War II at the age of twenty-one and was assigned to the navy hospital ship USS Mercy. In the course of duty in the Pacific Theater of Operations she, two other nurses, and a Catholic priest were sent ashore on a small Japanese island to tend to American and Japanese wounded at the request of a high-ranking Japanese officer. This proved to be a ruse. The priest was killed and the three nurses were told to go to a geisha house where they were stripped, drugged, and massaged by three geishas. When Edith woke up she had reason to believe that she had been raped but there was evidence. Upon discharge from the service Edie returned home to small-town Missouri with a severe case of androphobia, an intense fear of men. Aboard ship Edith met a young ensign who promised to look her up after the war. He did but Edith decided to become a nun and a friendship between Ensign Danny and Elizabeth, Edith's younger sister, turned romantic and when Edith decided to leave the convent Danny and Elizabeth are in love.
- Author(s)Edward Beardsley
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.