CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
About this product
- SynopsisFr. Michael Kwatera, OSB, helps deacons comprehend, share, and effectively perform their ministry by providing both spiritual and functional support. This short work is directed to al deacons, both permanent and transitional, in the hope that it will promote their formation for service within the church's Eucharist, other sacramental rites, and communal prayer. Contents include explanations of the deacon's role in various church situations and liturgies - such as confirmation and marriage - as well as outside of the Mass setting, such as ministering to the sick. With Petitions for Deacons from Ancient Liturgies" and historical background, this book provides an interesting and informative look at the deacon's role in the Catholic Church."Fr. Michael Kwatera, OSB, PhD, is director of Oblates for Saint John's Abbey, Collegeville, Minnesota. He's a teacher and practitioner of Christian liturgy and the author of several Liturgical Press books, including "Come to the Feast: Liturgical Ministry of, by, and for Everybody."
- AuthorMichael Kwatera
- Number Of Pages112 pages
- Publication Date2005-04-01
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Publication Year20050000
- Edition Number2
- Copyright Date2005
- Weight4 Oz
- Height0.2 In.
- Width5.4 In.
- Length8.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberBX1912.K93 2005
- Dewey Decimal264/.02
- Dewey Edition22
- Reviews. . . packed with useful information for both transitional and permanent deacons. It is the perfect refresher or explanation and allows someone considering taking formation classes to understand what they are doing and why. CRUX of the News,... an essential for deacons--temporary or permanent. Church,Recommended for all theological collections. Catholic Library World,Succinct and solid, Fr. Kwatera's short volume lays out the deacon's liturgical duties in each of the pertinent sacraments, as well as postoral care of the sick, Communion outside Mass, Benediction, the liturgy of the hours, the way of the Cross, and the Holy Week Liturgies. Church,The Liturgical Ministry of Deacons can also be effectively used in parish educational programs and vocational recruitment seminars. Catholic Library World,The treatment of the individual rites contains numerous practical reminders that novice and experienced deacons alike will find helpful. Pastoral Music,This brief and very helpful book would be perfect for diaconal formation and/or as a gift for the newly ordained deacon...very highly recommended. Alan Hommerding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.