All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis phemelogically oriented ethgraphy focuses on experiential aspects of Yamami shamanism, including shamanistic activities in the context of cultural change. The author interweaves ethgraphic material with theoretical components of a holographic principle, or the idea that the part is equal to the whole, which is embedded in the nature of the Yamami macrocosm, human dwelling, multiple-soul components, and shamans' relationships with embodied spirit-helpers. This book fills an important gap in the regional study of Yamami people, and, on a broader scale, enriches understanding of this ancient phemen by focusing on the consciousness involved in shamanism through firsthand experiential involvement.
- Author BiographyZeljko Jokic is Lecturer at the School of Archaeology and Anthropology, Australian National University, and Research Assistant at the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Formerly, he worked at the Amazonian Centre for Investigation and Control of Tropical Diseases and as a consultant for the Inter-American Organization for the Elimination of Onchocerciasis.
- Author(s)Zeljko Jokic
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.