All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe pub has been the heart and soul of British life for generations. But how has this unique institution changed over the centuries? Paul Jennings traces the history of the British pub and looks at how it evolved from the coaching inn and humble alehouse, through back-street beer houses and 'fine, flaring' gin palaces to the drinking establishments of the twenty-first century. Covering all aspects of pub life, this fascinating history examines pubs in town and country. It identifies keys trends and discusses architecture and interior design. It looks at customers and their varied activities in pubs and at the men and women who ran them. The story of the pub is set throughout in the wider context of social change. The Local is a must-read for the pub-goer and anyone interested in the history of the English people.
- Author BiographyPaul Jenningsteaches history at the University of Bradford, and has been writing, lecturing, and broadcasting on the subjects of the pub and drink formore than 20years.
- Author(s)Pete Jennings
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.