All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book studies fundamental properties of the logarithmic potential and their connections to the theory of Fourier series, to potential theory, and to function theory. The material centers around a study of Poisson's integral in two dimensions and of the corresponding Stieltjes integral. The results are then extended to the integrals in terms of Green's functions for general regions. There are some thirty exercises scattered throughout the text. These are designed in part to familiarize the reader with the concepts introduced, and in part to complement the theory. The reader should kw something of potential theory, functions of a complex variable, and Lebesgue integrals. The book is based on lectures given by the author in 1924-1925 at the Rice Institute and at the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Griffith Conrad Evans
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/03/1927
- Series TitleColloquium Publications
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Weight312 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.