All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNamboodiri and Corwin make a strong case for adopting a macro perspective in sociological investigations. They begin with an analysis of the micro perspective, with emphasis on the so-called individual as the unit of observation and analysis. They then proceed to a general discussion of the macro perspective, with particular emphasis on organizational networks as study objects. Rival paradigms for the analysis of organizations are reviewed. The study of interdependence among entities such as organizations is discussed and the use of input-output framework for such studies is expounded. Recommended for scholars conducting research or teaching courses on organizations in sociology, political science, and administration.
- Author BiographyKRISHNAN NAMBOODIRI is Professor and Chair of the Department of Sociology at Ohio State University. He has published extensively in sociology. RONALD G. CORWIN is Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Ohio State University. He is the author, co-author, or editor of several books, including The Organization-Society Nexus (Greenwood Press, 1987).
- Author(s)Krishnan Namboodiri,Ronald G. Corwin
- Date of Publication21/09/1993
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byWilliam Form
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.