All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe streets of London resonate with secret stories, from East End lore to Cold War espionage, from tales of riots, rakes, anarchy and grisly murders, to Rolling Stones gigs, gangland drinking dens, Orwell's Fitzrovia and Lenin's haunts. Ed Glinert has walked the length and breadth of the city to unravel its mysteries, travelling through time from the Romans' London wall to the new Olympic site at Stratford. This is London as you have never seen it before.
- Author BiographyEd Glinert was born in Dalston. In addition to The London Compendium, he is the author of Literary London, East End Chronicles, West End Chronicles and The Manchester Compendium, among other titles. He founded Manchester's City Life magazine, has written for Private Eye and and leads walking tours in both London and Manchester.
- Author(s)Ed Glinert
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight374 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.