All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll serious Sherlock Holmes enthusiasts want to visit London to see the places mentioned in the Great Detective s adventures. The e-book version of See the London of Sherlock Holmes allows enthusiasts to -visit- London from their home computers, or internet connected TVs. This is achieved by hyperlinking the latitude & longitude addresses in the book to the -Street View- feature in Google Maps. The map coordinates are also GPS addresses for those who visit London with hand-held GPS devices. The book groups the 400+ Sherlock Holmes sites by the nearest underground or railway station. Entering GPS addresses after arriving at the station will generate turn-by-turn directions from one Sherlock Holmes site to ather. Six walking tour maps are also included. These are t the usual rambling tours, but walks in Holmes and Watsons footsteps. Finally, for those with a statistical bent, the book lists 454 characters named in the book, and statistically analyzes their titles and occupations.
- Author BiographyThomas Bruce Wheeler is a retired Civil Service executive, anglophile, and Sherlock Holmes enthusiast. His knowledge of London resulted in the publication of The London of Sherlock Holmes. In 2012, utilizing the Internet linking feature in the Sherlock Holmes book, he published The London GSP Pub Guide, The Black Book of London Secrets, and The GPS and Internet Guide to Famous Londoners and their Blue Plaques. These books are part of a New Generation Travel Series, which was expanded in 2013 with the publication of Sherlock Holmes's Private Address Book, and The Internet Guide to What's Currently Showing in London's West End Theatres. Mr. Wheeler is a graduate of the University of Missouri, the Darden Graduate School of Business (University of Virginia), and the Fuqua Graduate School of Business (Duke University). He is also a decorated military veteran, with a Silver Star for his Army service, and an Air Medal for 26 combat missions with the U.S. Air Force. He is a member of Phi Kappa Psi, The English-Speaking Union, The Sherlock Holmes Society of London, The Giant Rats of Sumatra (the Memphis Sherlock Holmes club), and a founder life member of the Crescent Club.
- Author(s)Thomas Bruce Wheeler
- PublisherMX Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMX Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.