All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeeply personal yet incredibly witty, this memoir about Grant Lawrence's relationship with hockey passes back and forth between tales of his life and a fascinating history of hockey, complete with lively anecdotes about the many colorful characters of the NHL. Through Lawrence's early life, he struggled with the idea of hockey. An undersized child who wore thick glasses and knee-braces, he understood what it was like to be in the attack zone of the hockey-obsessed jocks at his school. For Lawrence, bullying and the violent game of hockey seemed to go hand-in-hand. Yet he was also enamored with the sport and eventually learned that playing goalie on a hockey team isn't all that different from playing in a band, and that artistically-minded wimps can find just as much joy in the game as their meathead counterparts.
- Author BiographyGrant Lawrence has long been a leading voice for Canadian arts and culture. For years, the gregarious and encyclopedic Lawrence has hosted the CBC Radio 3 Podcast, a weekly showcase of Canadian independent music. The author of Adventures in Solitude: What Not to Wear to a Nude Potluck and Other Stories from Desolation Sound, he lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Grant Lawrence
- PublisherDouglas & McIntyre
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDouglas & McIntyre
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.