All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter G. Wallace adeptly interweaves the influential events of the early modern religious reformation with the transformations of political institutions, socio-ecomic structures, gender relations, and cultural values throughout Europe. In this established study, Wallace: * examines the European Reformation as a long-term process * reconnects the classic sixteenth-century religious struggles with the political and religious pressures confronting late medieval Christianity * argues that the resolutions proposed by reformers, such as Luther, were t fully realised for most Christians until the early eighteenth century. Incorporating the latest research, the second edition of this essential text w features a new chapter on the Reformation and Islam, expanded discussion of gender issues, and a helpful glossary.
- Author BiographyPETER G. WALLACE is Professor of History at Hartwick College, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Peter G. Wallace
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/09/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEuropean History in Perspective
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight507 g
- Width144 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.